Who we Serve
- Mentally ill and special needs clients with brain, spinal cord and medical injuries including HIV Infection and AIDS
- Clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Recent homelessness due to loss of medication
- Mentally ill and special needs clients who have substance abuse problems
Community Based Day Activities
Social activities —interaction with other participants in planned activities appropriate for their conditions
Transportation —door-to-door service
Meals and snacks —participants are provided with meals and snacks, those with special dietary needs are offered special meals.
Personal care —help with toileting, grooming, eating and other personal activities of daily living.
Therapeutic activities —exercise and mental interaction for all participants.
Multiple homes where clients live together with care providers, rather than a housing facility.
Special Needs Housing/Community-based Residences: Community based housing where adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can live as independently as possible in the communities of their choice. Our residences offer 24/7 social support staff.
Client Case Management: We offer case management and individualized service planning for all adults who have mental illness and special needs.
This includes individual’s lifestyle preferences within a full range of residential, work, social and community-based supports.
Psychological Counseling: intensive behavioral therapy, relief support for families, or other services aimed at stabilizing an individual’s placement.
- Energy Assistance: utility, water and electric
- Local Assistance: assistance with food, shelter, and medication
- Emergency Assistance: for disconnection of utilities
- Curbside Services: clients who need shopping or food delivery
- Employment: training at our Thrift Store
New Ability Health Center offers a wide range of programs that works to improve the lives of the different people in the community. These programs are designed to cater to the needs of those we serve:
We are always ready to reach out and help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about our advocacy.